Atsumi & Sakai offers its deepest condolences to HM King Charles III, the rest of the Royal Family and the British people on the passing of HM Queen Elizabeth II.
Name: Atsumi & Sakai Europe Limited
Contact: Naoki Kanehisa (Partner)
Address: 4th Floor, 50 Mark Lane, London, EC3R 7QR, United Kingdom
Tel: +44-(0)203-696-6540｜Mobile: +44-(0)75-4899-7865
Atsumi & Sakai has decades of experience in advising UK-based clients on Japan-related matters, both under Japanese law and English law and in particular in the fields of Banking and Capital Markets. We were the first Japanese law firm to admit an English solicitor as a partner and the first Japanese law firm to open an independent London office. Our London office is staffed by experienced bi-lingual Japanese lawyers supported by an experienced English consultant and by our UK/EU team in Tokyo. The office enables us to provide our clients in the EMEA region with real-time Japanese law advice and works with our Tokyo and New York offices to provide a global 24/7 service.
Our relevant expertise include:
Transactions members of our team has advised on include:
- Asian Legal Business Japan Law Awards “Overseas Practice Law Firm of the Year” 2018, 2019 & 2020
- The Best Lawyers in Japan 2021 : Structured Finance Law (Naoki Kanehisa, London Managing Partner)
- The Best Lawyers in Japan 2021 : Capital Markets Law (Ryuichi Nozaki, Previous London Managing Partner）
- IFLR 1000 Financial and Corporate 2021 Leading Lawyers (Highly regarded) : Banking; Capital markets: Structured finance and securitisation (Ryuichi Nozaki, Previous London Managing Partner）
Main Practice Areas
* Mr. Kanehisa is a director of Atsumi & Sakai Europe Limited, the London office of Atsumi & Sakai, and a Partner in Atsumi & Sakai. Atsumi & Sakai Europe Limited is a company incorporated in England & Wales (No. 09389892) with its registered office at Tricor Suite, 4th Floor, 50 Mark Lane, London, United Kingdom EC3R 7QR and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Atsumi & Sakai Legal Professional Corporation organised under the laws of Japan. Legal advice is provided by Atsumi & Sakai Legal Professional Corporation. None of Atsumi & Sakai Legal Professional Corporation, Atsumi & Sakai Europe Limited or Mr. Naoki Kanehisa is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority for England and Wales, and none will undertake any reserved legal activity as defined in the United Kingdom Legal Services Act 2007.